Tax advice for SMEs

Setting up your own business is not an easy or simple task.

Entrepreneurs and SMEs

Setting up your own business is not an easy or simple task. You have to take into account many and varied aspects and also overcome obstacles and problems that many times have not been considered or foreseen before starting.

All this requires a high degree of involvement, effort, desire and work that is rewarded with the satisfaction of carrying out the project successfully.

Our objective in this area is to offer a specific integral advisory service for entrepreneurs and SMEs that allows a quick and effective response to the main doubts and difficulties that may be encountered during the development of your project in the legal, tax field and accountant

In turn, we also offer to first plan and then execute and carry out all those operations necessary to, in a first phase, establish, and then grow the business in a simple, effective and fast way, taking into account the variability, speed and changes presented by the environment of any business today.

Our main services in this area are:

Planning of the optimal legal and fiscal structure taking into account the characteristics of the business to be realized and the forecast of its future evolution.
Incorporation of companies, preparation of corporate bylaws, complete management of all the procedures necessary to have the operating company, according to the project to be developed.
Recorded in all legal and tax records.
Advice on specific corporate operations, study and planning of the business from a corporate and tax point of view and analysis of specific operations.
Continuous monitoring of the operation of the company or business and special adaptation to the legal and fiscal changes that occur and that may affect it.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What do I have to do to be self-employed?

To be self-employed, that is, a self-employed worker, you must register with the Tax Agency, using form 036. In this model you must indicate the activity that is going to be carried out and the place where it is carried out.

Likewise, you must register with Social Security as an employed worker, and choose the amount of the contribution to be paid, which can be €264 or €1,074 per month. There are reductions depending on the characteristics of the entrepreneur.

Is it better to be self-employed or create a company?

This is a question that raises many doubts, and which does not have a generic answer, since it will depend on each case to assess the convenience of one model or another.

It must be taken into account that if you are self-employed, the profits from the activity are taxed in the Income Tax, resulting in marginal rates of up to 49%. On the contrary, companies are taxed at a rate of 15% for the first two years, and subsequently at 25%. Although the maintenance of a company implies a series of fixed expenses of a tax nature that do not occur in the case of being self-employed, it also allows us to reduce the liability derived from the business.

Do I always have to go to the notary?

There are certain operations that must be documented in a public deed. If you are a self-employed person, you will rarely have to go to the notary in the course of your activity.

On the other hand, if it is a commercial company, the constitution must be done before a notary, as well as the purchase and sale of shares and any modification of the statutes (increases and reductions of capital, remuneration of directors, change of name).

What declarations do I have to present?

Generally, the main declarations that must be submitted are those for VAT and withholdings in the event that you have professional collaborators or workers or/and pay rent.

If the activity carried out by the self-employed person is a business activity, that is, it is not subject to withholding, a quarterly installment payment of income must also be submitted, which will be 20% of the profit for the period, (said payment may be deducted in the Annual statement).

When are the declarations submitted?

Tax returns are generally filed on April 20, July 20, October 20 and January 20/30. Income tax is presented during the months of April to June.

In the case of companies, if they invoice more than 6 million euros, the statements are monthly. Likewise, the Corporate Tax is presented from July 1 to 25 (years closed on December 31).

Should I keep an accounting?

Every businessman is obliged to keep accounting in accordance with the General Accounting Plan in the case of normal direct estimation and following certain principles. Likewise, it is very important to reflect all income and expenses in the accounting and in the Record Books, since the Tax Agency does not accept deductions, for example from VAT payments, that are not duly noted in the record books.

    Fill out the form to contact us!