Cancel a NRC: How to do it, documentation and common mistakes
The NRC is the Complete Reference Number that generates the banks when we pay any tax statement. Is not mandatory to use this system, but it is useful as a proof of payment, and is very easy to obtain, due to it is generated automatically when we pay a tax in our bank entity, whether if it is realized in person, or online.
One of the most common problems that can occur with the NRC is to make a mistake in any data and when you introduce the number in the Tax Agency website, it appears as erroneous. In this situation, it is necessary to cancel the NRC in the way that we will explain to you next.
What documents must you present to obtain the NRC?
The documents you need in order to obtain the Complete Reference Number (and with which there may be some type of error) are:
- NIF of the taxpayer.
- If the taxpayer is a natural person, the four letters printed on his identification label.
- The last two numbers of the fiscal year.
- Period of the tax that is going to be paid. If it is a quarterly filing tax, you must specify if it corresponds to 1T, 2T, 3T or 4T. For the monthly presentations, the values are numeric: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12. And for the annual filing tax: 0A (zero, A).
- Form that is going to submit.
- Type statement.
- Amount to pay.
Common mistakes in the NRC
Regarding the NRC documentation, errors may occur because of the bank or your. Among the most common are:
- The amount doesn’t include decimals or is wrong. It must match the cent.
- The NIF of the taxpayer doesn’t coincide.
- To make a mistake indicating the period.
- Having selected another Form.
How to cancel the NRC?
The only way to cancel the NRC is going in person to the bank, since you can not do it online. From your bank, they will be responsible for cancelling the NRC and you will be able to generate another one again, so keep the necessary documents at hand.
This is one of the reasons why it is recommended not to leave the tax fulfilments for the last minute, such as the Renta declaration. If you have not enough time to prepare it, or you have doubts in the procedure, we recommend that you contact a specialized consultancy like GM Tax, and forget about problems.